How to Make Good Small Kitchen Designs
Small kitchen designs can turn out to be as functional and stylish as large kitchen designs. Although having an enormous kitchen is quite popular nowadays, there are still many people who prefer the warmth and coziness of a smaller one. Here are some tips on what you should consider in order to make the best of whatever space you’ve got.
– Buy small and compact appliances – Many appliance manufacturers offer products that are smaller than usual and can be placed on top or underneath other kitchen elements. When choosing the appliances for your kitchen, consider buying the ones that will save space without losing the functionality.
– Don’t leave the center of the kitchen empty – Creating an island in the center of your kitchen can provide a lot of storage space and, if done right, make it look even better.
– Leave the pots and pans out in the open – By hanging them on a pot rack, you get a lot of free space in your cabinets. There’s no harm in trying, and you might even like the rustic charm it will add to your kitchen.
– Use lighting to your advantage – Placing lights under the cabinets or the counter can make your small kitchen design much better because of the illusion of space it creates.
– Put in a big window – A window, especially a large one, will make the kitchen appear bigger and warmer. Wouldn’t you want your kitchen to be bathed in sunlight?
– Don’t forget the floor – Floor tiles can influence the appearance of a room as well as anything else. If you place them diagonally, they will make it look bigger.
– Consider a galley kitchen design – If you have a corridor leading to your kitchen, consider lining up cabinets and appliances on either side of it. By doing this, you create additional storage space, and an interesting design.